Pre-Surgical Instructions for IV Sedation in Colleyville, TX
At Texas Oral Surgery Specialists in Colleyville, TX, we believe patients should have a full understanding of what their treatment will involve. Dr. Christopher L. Tye and his team have compiled a list of detailed pre-operative instructions for your convenience. Closely following these recommendations prior your IV sedation will ensure you have a successful treatment and recovery.
Prior to Your IV Sedation
There are a few guidelines to follow before you undergo IV sedation. These include:
- Do not eat or drink anything for six to eight hours prior to your surgery appointment. You may take regular medications with small sips of water.
- Avoid all aspirin products and herbal supplements for five days prior to your procedure.
- Have a trusted family member or friend who can drive you to and from our office on the day of your surgery. They must be able to stay in our office until your procedure is complete.
- If you are under the age of 18, you must bring a parent or legal guardian.
- Wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothes.
- Do not wear contact lenses.
- Do not wear a tongue ring.
- Female patients must confirm they are not pregnant at the time of the procedure.
We want you to feel informed and comfortable about your upcoming procedure. If you have any questions regarding your pre-operative instructions, please contact a team member. We are always happy to address any concerns you have.
Dr. Tye is Your Southlake Oral Surgeon
We are honored you have chosen us as your healthcare provider. Dr. Tye and his team proudly serve Colleyville, TX and the surrounding communities of Bedford, Euless, Keller, and Grapevine. If you have further questions regarding your treatment, contact us online, or call our office at (817) 552-3223.