Gentle Dental Extractions in Colleyville, TX, Can Improve Your Overall Dental Health
In some cases, removing a severely damaged tooth can actually pave the way for improved oral wellness and a more beautiful smile. At Texas Oral Surgery Specialists in Colleyville, TX, Dr. Chris L. Tye, MD, DDS, D.D.S., M.D., performs minimal discomfort extractions. Although he is happy to handle simple cases, he is also ready to address more complex issues, such as impacted or severely broken teeth. In every case, he will use precise treatment planning, careful techniques, and appropriate sedation to ensure the highest level of care.
Do You Need a Dental Extraction?
There are a number of reasons that Dr. Tye or your general dentist may recommend tooth removal:
- Severe decay. If a cavity is too large to restore it with a filling or dental crown, extraction may be the only solution.
- When a crack extends down to the dental root, your dentist cannot save it with a crown or root canal therapy.
- Although endodontic treatment can sometimes eliminate infection, in particularly severe cases, the tooth may need to come out.
- Gum disease. Advanced periodontal disease can cause your gums and jawbone to recede away from your dental roots. The teeth can become loose and, if the problem is not addressed in time, you may require one or more extractions.
- Sometimes, incoming teeth are not able to fully break through the surrounding gum or bone tissue. In these cases, extraction can help to prevent cysts, as well as cavities in the adjacent teeth.
- Pronounced misalignment. If you or your child has pronounced dental crowding, Dr. Tye may need to remove one or two teeth before your orthodontist can place braces.
Precise, Stress-Free Care
We know that you may be nervous about the prospect of a dental extraction. Fortunately, however, Dr. Tye is highly skilled and trained. Therefore, he can easily remove your tooth with minimal trauma and impact to the surrounding tissues. Furthermore, our entire team is very compassionate, and we know how to put anxious patients at ease. We encourage you to give us a call before your appointment. We are happy to go over the procedure details with you. We will also determine the right type of sedation for your treatment, anxiety level, and overall health. The team at TXOSS provides nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and IV conscious sedation options in the safety of an certified outpatient surgical center.
Lifelike Restorations after Tooth Removal
Following extraction, it is important to replace your missing tooth or teeth as soon as possible. When you delay treatment, your jaw will start to recede quickly. Plus, your other teeth could begin to shift in your mouth, slowly drifting in to fill the space in your smile. Texas Oral Surgery Specialists is a premier provider of dental implants in Tarrant County. If you choose to replace your teeth with dental implants, we will include this process in your comprehensive treatment plan. Furthermore, when removing your compromised teeth, Dr. Tye will also prepare the extraction sites for dental implant placement. In many cases, he can place dental implants at the same time as your extraction.
If you have been told you require an extraction, or if you are struggling with a severely damaged tooth, contact our office today to find out if tooth removal is the right option for you. You can call 817-552-3223 to speak to our friendly and informed team.