Advances in dental implant technology now allow for the simultaneous placement of donor bone and an implant post during one surgical procedure at our Colleyville, TX dental practice. The procedure, which uses a Straumann AlloGraft Ring, allows patients to shorten their treatment timeline by several months.
If you have been told that you require some type of bone graft before you can receive a dental implant, you may be a great candidate for Straumann AlloGraft Ring placement. Dr. Chris Tye, who is regularly nominated by his peers as one of the best oral surgeons in North Texas, offers the advanced procedure at his esteemed clinic, Texas Oral Surgery Specialists.
Benefits of Straumann AlloGraft Ring
The Straumann AlloGraft Ring was invented by noted implantologist Dr. Bernhard Giesenhagen. The advanced allogenic donor bone is prefabricated to envelop a dental implant. This unique design allows the dental implant to augment the surrounding jawbone structure during placement.
The Straumann AlloGraft Ring allows patients to save time and money by eliminating the need for bone graft surgery. Patients who undergo dental placement using this innovative technology can benefit from:
- Shorter procedure time: By combining two procedures into one visit, patients can benefit from a shorter overall procedure and recovery timeline.
- Biofunctionality: The Straumann AlloGraft Ring is designed to have a porous structure that enables quick ingrowth of blood vessels and tissue. This unique feature allows for a more efficient process of osseointegration.
- Customized design: The Straumann AlloGraft Ring can be customized to match the anatomical features of the patient. This unique feature allows for faster recovery while reducing risks for complications.
- Superior comfort: The ability to simultaneously augment the surrounding jawbone while placing a dental implant allows patients to forgo invasive bone harvesting and grafting.
- Cost efficiency: By cutting down on the amount of time Dr. Tye has to perform surgery, patients can benefit from significant cost-savings.
Are You a Candidate?
Candidates for the Straumann AlloGraft Ring are seeking the life-changing benefits of dental implants but lack sufficient jawbone density to receive dental implants. During your consultation at our Colleyville dental practice, Dr. Tye will examine your teeth and jaws while listening to your dental goals. If you have experienced jawbone atrophy, you may be a good candidate for the Straumann AlloGraft Ring. As with any oral surgery, candidates should be in good oral and overall health and free from any conditions that could complicate surgery and recovery.
The surgical placement of your Straumann AlloGraft Ring and dental implant will be performed using local anesthesia and IV sedation at our Colleyville dental practice. Dr. Tye is an esteemed oral surgeon who holds both a D.D.S. and a medical degree. Once you are comfortable, Dr. Tye will make an incision in your gums to access your jawbone. Then, a small hole will be made in your jawbone before the Straumann AlloGraft Ring is placed in the opening. The dental implant is then placed inside the ring and any incisions will be sutured. Patients will be provided with detailed recovery guidelines that should be followed closely.
Schedule Your Dental Implant Consultation Today
If you are seeking dental implants and have been told that you have to undergo lengthy bone grafting or sinus lift surgery, our Colleyville dental practice proudly offers a safe and expedient alternative. The Straumann AlloGraft Ring can cut months off your dental implant treatment timeline. To schedule your dental implant consultation, please contact our office online or call (817) 552-3223.